- 57 Ratings
Shady Ladies Tour of the MFA Boston
Uncover the magic of Boston's Museum of Fine Arts with a female perspective. Learn how women have impacted the art world and the musuem itself.
What You Will Do
- Check out several different sections of the Museum of Fine Arts, such as Greek and Roman, Egyptian, and European artwork
- Make your way to the American section, learning about the artists from our nation that have made a significant impact
- Hear about artist themes that deal with women, including female monsters in Greek mythology, women rulers of pre-modern Europe, and more
- Have fun hanging with the founder, Professor Andrew Lear, giving you an insiders look into the museum
- Guided two-hour museum walking tour
Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Photography is allowed in the museum, but not flash photography or video.
- 57 Ratings
What a great tour and great host! My friend and I had a blast! I would do this again! I'll never look at the MFA the same again :^)
Interesting tour. Good explanation and organized.
It was fun, light-hearted, educational and shady!
Extremely knowledgeable, entertaining tour guide. However, would've liked more diverse representation from different cultures but perhaps the MFA is limited in this regard...?