Sea of Cortez & Pacific Ocean Private Surf Lesson
Fall in love with surfing during a private lesson in this tropical paradise teeming with underwater wildlife. Gain ocean confidence as you learn from the experts and practice essential surfing skills including paddling out, standing up and catching waves.
What You Will Do
- Meet up with a professional instructor with decades of experience as you get exclusive surfing tips from someone's who's seen and done it all
- Paddle out into swell waves with a quality surfboard that lets you shred these sapphire waters
- Take a break from the routine as you swim through the salty surf and soak up the tropical sun
- Practice the basics of surfing under the watchful eye of your private professor while you gain the skills you need to learn a new sport that you can enjoy for years to come
- Experienced bilingual instructor
- Soft board, surf shoes, and rash guard
- Beach umbrella, towels, beach chairs, purified water and a wet suit
From mid-March to late October, the swells are on the Sea of Cortez side, which means great waves may be breaking right in front of your hotel. Operator's spring and summer headquarters are the original Costa Azul Surf shop overlooking Playa Costa Azul in San Jose del Cabo. From Mid-November to mid-March, the swells are on the Pacific side of the Baja Peninsula. Operator's headquarters are at the Costa Azul Surf Stand on Los Cerritos Beach, just south of Todos Santos.
- 28 Ratings
The surf instructors were excellent. But when we arrived, the whole operation was disorganized, and there were 6 people enrolled in a private lesson with 2 instructors. There were long gaps in between when we had the opportunity to surf. I thought $150 each was too much for surfing only 5-6 waves. Maybe $85 for a group lesson would be a more fair price, or $150 for a private lesson.
My husband and I did a private surf lesson with Roy for my 40th birthday! We had the best experience ever! I can't wait to try surfing again. Would definitely recommend this for anyone wishing to try surfing. I would really like to let my kids try surfing now.