Beth Sholom Synagogue Tour
Explore a synagogue that impresses from the inside out, on a tour of the Beth Sholom Synagogue. Designed by the famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright, this tour takes you on a fascinating journey of Jewish history, culture, and classic American architecture.
What You Will Do
- Start your tour in awe as you get your first glimpse of an impressive building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
- Tour through a number of exhibits that explore the history of the congregates and the Synagogue itself, with interactive kiosks that tell a detailed story of the building to help shape your experience visiting an incredible "House of Peace"
- Get a glimpse of original sketches and blueprints authored by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright
- 20 minute film viewing on the history of the Beth Sholom Synagogue
- 1 hour tour of the Synagogue
The parking lot is located behind the building. Enter under the green awning and turn right. There may be last minute changes to tour schedule. Synagogue is hot during summer months, and is not open on days of worship. Elevator entrance is located on the outside of the building. Go to the Visitor Center for access.
- 191 Ratings
Loved the film
We very much liked the personal attention we received during the tour. The guide was very knowledgeable especially about the history of the relationship between Rabbi Cohen and Frank Lloyd Wright. We plan to return with our friends for another tour. Thank you.
Our guide was pleasant,mknowledgeable and accommodating. Beautiful building. Nice people.
Guide was friendly, knowledgeable, and engaging.
Not only was the building sublime, our docent encouraged us at the end of our tour of the main sanctuary to take a little time to "just sit and think, and to take in the space". That was a refreshing first for an architectural tour for me.
Learned much new material, enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide, intriguing building.
- Maureen O'Connor
Our guide Michelle was informative and gracious - She tailored her remarks to the needs/interest of our tour group of 4 people (no one in our tour group was Jewish; all were fans of Frank Lloyd Wright ) We spent 2 hours with Michelle who never appeared rushed in any way and answered all our questions that she could and refereed us to Helene for those she could not answer. She also took on a group of 4 more guest visiting from Holland adding them seamlessly to the original four and carefully accommodating their needs
Tour leader well informed and obviously committed to the congregation as well as to the building.