New Orleans Oak Alley & Laura Plantation Tour
Experience two famous Louisiana Plantations and learn all about the Antebellum South with a small group. Tour historic Laura & Oak Alley Plantations. Go back to this fascinating time in United States history.
What You Will Do
- Enjoy a fun and historical narration as you ride out of New Orleans, led by a professional driver-guide in a comfy 13-passenger van
- Cruise along Lake Pontchartrain, taking in the sights while learning about the history of the Antebellum South.
- Guided tours of two local plantation mansions with 2 very different types of architecture
- Explore the area's sugarcane fields and plantation gardens, and hear tales on the history and culture of this pre-civil war era
- Half-day 6 hour guided tour
- Pick up and return from any centrally located hotel and B.&B.
- Entrance fees to visit 2 Plantation estates
No food or drinks included, you could bring your own or purchase some from the gift shops at both Plantations
- No food or drinks included, please eat prior to the tour or bring food and drinks with you.
- 209 Ratings
- Mark Lammas,
Our tour guide Muriel was very informative and personable. The tour was at an easy pace and the two Plantations visited so very different and interesting.
- Cindy Shantz
We reserved a 13 passenger van because we assumed that would also mean we would only have 13 people in the tour. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I think you should make that clear in your advertising. Having said that, our guide to the plantations was good (Jerry) and our guides, particularly at the Laura plantation, were excellent! We thoroughly enjoyed our day although we are questioning paying extra money for a smaller group when we actually we were combined with large groups at the plantations.
- Nana Rizinashvili
Everything was excellent
- marc rosabrunetto
Good choice of 2 different plantations and very opposed visits
- Gail Diane Rogers
Tour was as described and the operator went above and beyond to ensure we knew our pick up time by calling our hotel the day before and also emailing to ensure we had the time
- Beth Griswold
Loved Laura. Disappointed by Oak Alley - too commercial, and tour wasn't as interesting as Laura.
- Tom Stetzer`
Billy was a very good guide. He was very informative on the way to and from the plantations. While at the plantations everything was very smooth and well planned. No issues or problems and we had a great time. You can't control the heat but the vans were very nice and clean.
- Romi Sigsworth
Pick up arrangements were simple, with clear communication from the office. Our tour guide picked us up on time and was incredibly interesting, informative and humorous on the drive to and from the plantations. The Laura and Oak Alley plantation tours were well run and very interesting and we arrived in good time for both of them. All in all the logistics on the day went smoothly and the tours by our Isabelle guide as well as the plantation guides were fascinating. Very well worth it!
- Christine Mousin
I would highly recommend this tour. We had an excellent guide, Kat, who was informative and freindly.