Half-Day Mushroom Foraging Adventure in Sonoma
Embark on a half-day search for wild mushrooms along the Sonoma Coast. Hunt for local fungi good enough to eat and enjoy a lavish picnic prepared by a professional chef.
What You Will Do
- Journey through the woods on a guided wild mushroom foray: Hunt for edible fungi in Sonoma
- Follow an expert guide, who has years of experience foraging, through a secluded corner of Sonoma full of natural charm and beauty
- Snag a variety of local mushrooms, including King Boletes, oyster mushrooms, golden chanterelles, and black trumpets
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic that's prepared exclusively with local mushrooms and made by a professional chef
- Get valuable instruction on how to cook and eat the fungi you find to whip up truly organic meals at home
- Half-day guided mushroom foray
- 7 Ratings
I learned so much about mushroom foraging in just a few hours. The tour was a decent size, just about 10 people and it was honestly one of the most memorable and educational tours I've been on. I took my hard-to-please parents for my mom's birthday, and even they had fun. David (who has 40+ years of experience foraging mushrooms), Julie, and Nicholas were really great at answering our questions and teaching us how to look for mushrooms, how to only pick edibles ones you can recognize, and more. There was a picnic afterwards where we each brought a small potluck item, and Julie stir-fried the foraged mushrooms. She's an amazing cook, it was so delicious. It's a good tour and not too strenuous. You wander into the forest but David keeps at a good pace so you can take your time searching. I've already recommended it to two people. Would definitely go again.