- 78 Ratings
Kohala Na'alapa Stables Horseback Tour in Waimea
Saddle up for a horseback ride led by experienced paniolos or Hawaiian cowboys. Follow their lead as you trot and canter through the Kohala Mountains, the oldest of the five volcanoes that make up the island of Hawaii.
What You Will Do
- Discover the beauty of Kahua Ranch, which is nestled in the Kohala Mountains and encompasses 12,000 acres of rolling hills and green pastures
- Enjoy panoramic views of snowcapped mountains, sprawling coastline, stately cinder cones and lush pastures dotted with grazing sheep and cattle
- Have the opportunity to trot and cantor during select parts of the tour on a well-trained horse that suits your riding ability
- Learn how modern day paniolos adapt traditional ranchhand skills passed down over generations, to fit the needs of today
- 1.5 hour guided horseback tour
All participants must sign a waiver. Age minimum is eight years old, and the weight limit is 230 pounds.
Please remember to wear long pants, sunscreen, covered shoes (like sneakers) and to bring a bottle of water. Participants should be in good physical health. This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, the elderly or people with limiting physical disabilities.
Full refund for cancellations made 24 hours in advance of your trip. Tours canceled without 24 hours notice will be subject to a 100% charge for the tour.
- 78 Ratings
Jackie was outstanding! She demonstrated a love of the horses and her job! We learned so much about the Big Island!
Our experience at Naapapa was fabulous! They did an excellent job of matching up the horses with rider skill level. We had lots of fun with the horses, walking and even galloping a bit! They took us on a beautiful ride with fantastic views. highly recommend !
The guide was terrific and the horses lovely and well cared for. It is a beautiful setting and we had a wonderful morning on our ride.
Guide was great!! She had awesome stories about the area and the ranch and really made us feel like family not tourists. Got to canter and see the ranch in operation, even some wild pigs. Thanks and we will return.
My kids enjoyed the scenic ride as well as the trotting and cantering. Jackie and Darian when great hostesses. Jackie was energetic and positive while Darian was informative and caring. We would love to do this again when we come back to the big island. Thanks again.
Because stormy is great